Planning a wedding can be daunting because there are so many things to think about – from the venue to the catering to the guest list. But a bridal party is one of the most important aspects of any wedding. They’re responsible for helping the bride get ready on the big day and supporting her throughout the festivities. So what do you need to make sure your bridal party is perfect? Read on for our list of 6 essential items!
Bridal Party Robes
These are a must-have for any bride and her attendants. They’ll give your girls something to lounge around in on the morning of the wedding. As a result, they’ll be able to feel more comfortable and relaxed – and they’ll make a lovely gift they can use again. They are practical, and bridal party robes also make for some great photo opportunities. Many styles are available, so you can find the perfect ones to fit your wedding theme.
One of the most famous examples is the satin robe. They’re beautiful and elegant, making them perfect for a formal wedding. However, if you’re looking for something a little more fun and unique, there are many patterns and colours you can choose from. You can select something short and sassy or long and flow. Bridal party robes can also be made of cotton or even terry cloth. It depends on your preference and what will work best for your wedding.
The first step is to determine the theme and colours of your wedding. For example, if you’re having a beach wedding, you might want to find some sea-themed party decorations. If you’re having a rustic-themed wedding, look for something country-themed. If you need to buy party decorations, you can find websites selling life-size cardboard cutouts, themed plates, cups, and cutlery. You can find them online if you need balloon weights, cake decorations, or sale items.
Confetti is small pieces of paper or Mylar often used as decoration. They come in various colours and can be used to add a bit of fun and excitement to any event. While confetti is often associated with celebrations, it can also be used to decorate weddings. It can add a touch of whimsy and fun to the occasion. It can also be used to decorate the wedding reception hall or venue. Using confetti can help to create a festive atmosphere and make the event more memorable for the bride and groom and their guests.
Streamers are long strips of paper or fabric that can be hung from the ceiling or walls. They come in various colours and sizes, and when it comes to weddings, they can be used to decorate the reception hall or venue. They can also be used to add a bit of colour and fun to the wedding ceremony. Additionally, streamers can be used to decorate the wedding cake or other food items.
Balloons are round, often brightly coloured objects that can be inflated with air or helium. They come in all sizes and shapes and can be used to decorate the wedding ceremony and reception. If there are any spares, give them to any young children who are present – they’re guaranteed to have fun with them!
These are small, often edible, objects used to decorate cakes. They come in various colours, shapes, and sizes and can be made from multiple materials, including sugar, chocolate, and fondant. Cake decorations can add a bit of fun and colour to the wedding cake – or even add a touch of elegance or sophistication.
If you’re looking for a unique way to add personality to your wedding party, consider providing them with some accessories. For example, before the day comes, why not buy some matching bridal party t-shirts? This is a great way to show off your wedding party spirit and get everyone excited for the upcoming wedding.
You could also think about buying items like tote bags. They can come in handy for the bridal party members who have to travel to and from the wedding ceremony and reception. You can find tote bags made of canvas, cloth, or straw.
Koozies Or Flasks
Another idea is to get custom koozies or flasks for each bridal party member. They’re perfect for keeping drinks cold and can also be personalized with names or initials. Alternatively, they can be engraved with a special message or the wedding date. Koozies and flasks are durable and will last for years.
Personalized hangers make for a great gift for the bridal party. They can be used to hang up the bridesmaids’ dresses or the men’s tuxedos ready for the wedding day. They’re often made of wood or metal and can be engraved with names or initials.
Fun Socks Or Flip Flops
Fun socks are a must-have for the perfect bridal party. They can be used to add a pop of colour or personality to any outfit. They’re sure to keep peoples’ feet warm on those cold winter days. You can find fun cotton, wool, or cashmere socks. Flip-flops are easy to slip on and off, and you can find them made of rubber, plastic, or even leather.
Things For The Head And Hair, Hands And Nails
Here are some helpful suggestions to consider:
For The Head And Hair
- Haircare: The bridal party can get their hair styled at a salon before the big day. For the groom and groomsmen, a simple haircut will do!
- A Tiara: You are a princess on your wedding day! Whether you’re opting for an updo or leaving your hair down, a tiara is the perfect finishing touch.
- A Veil: A veil is a classic choice for many brides. It can be worn in various ways and adds an elegant touch to any wedding dress.
- Headband: There are many fun hair accessories to choose from these days. If you’re not wearing a veil or tiara, consider a headband. There are plenty of different and beautiful styles you can choose from.
- Hair Pins: These come in handy whether you’re trying to keep your veil in place or taming fly-aways.
- Bobby Pins: Similar to hair pins, bobby pins are great for keeping everything where it needs to be.
- Extensions: If you’ve always wanted long hair or fuller-looking locks, extensions are the way to go!
- Fresh flowers: Try wearing fresh flowers in your hair for a natural and pretty look.
- Suncare: You could buy your bridal party some customized sunglasses to wear in the wedding photos and to shield their eyes from the sun’s glare. You may also consider sunscreen and hats for a stress-free day in the sunshine. Finally, consider purchasing handheld fans to keep everyone’s faces cool during the ceremony.
For The Hands And Nails
- Nail Polish: A fresh coat of nail polish is a must for your bridal party. Whether you all go with a nude or bold colour, make sure everyone’s nails look their best.
- A Manicure: Your hands will be front and center on your big day, so make sure they look their best with a manicure. You can go for a classic look with nude nails or something more festive with glitter or colourful polish.
- Jewelry: Whether it’s your wedding band or something borrowed, sparkle and shine on your big day.
- Gloves: If you’re having a winter wedding, gloves are a must. They’ll keep your hands warm and add a touch of elegance to your look.
Party Favors And Personalized Gifts
Party favours are items that guests take home with them to remember the event. They can be anything from a simple token (like a fridge magnet) to something more elaborate (like a framed photo). These days, some famous examples include candles, soaps, and potpourri.
Personalized gifts are a great way to show your bridal party how much you appreciate their support – and we’ve already discussed a few of them. You could also have their names engraved on a keychain or compact mirror or supply a monogrammed piece of jewelry (budget permitting!).
Here are a few miscellaneous things you should keep as a backup for your bridal party:
- Mints or gum for fresh breath before pictures and kisses
- Adhesive bandages and pain relievers just in case
- Snacks and drinks, especially if the wedding is during lunch or dinner time
- Tissues in case of tears or spillages
- Umbrellas for inclement weather
If you put the tips we’ve discussed into action, your bridal party will be well looked after. The wedding will be a great visual and emotional experience, and people will feel valued and celebrated. You’ll have the time of your life, and people will treasure the memories for decades.
FAQ – Bridal Party
What distinguishes a bridal party from a wedding party?
The group of individuals taking part in the ceremony with the bride and groom is referred to as the wedding party in a traditional wedding (formally, bridegroom). The maid of honour (or matron of honour if she is married) and bridesmaids make up the bridal party.
What services does the bride’s bridal party provide?
Jobs and responsibilities include: Assist in organizing, funding, and attending all bride-related activities. Share your thoughts on bridesmaid attire (if invited to). Help the maid of honour with any problems the bride has along the way.
What size bridal party is ideal?
Go bigger or smaller depending on formality. We advise having no more than four bridesmaids for a modest wedding with 50 to 60 guests. Wedding parties with 10 to 12 bridesmaids are better suitable for bigger weddings with 150 or more guests. Just bear in mind that sometimes little is more.