Planning the perfect wedding after-party can sometimes be even harder than planning your wedding. You’ll want to make sure that everyone has a good time, and that means planning for games, food, and drinks. You’ll also need to decide on a theme and decor for the party, and send out invitations well in advance. By following these expert tips, you can ensure that your wedding after-party is a success!
Entertainment Is Key
No matter what else you have planned for your wedding after-party, make sure that there is plenty of entertainment. This can include anything from hiring a band or DJ to set up a photo booth. Games are also a great way to keep guests entertained, and you can even set up a dance floor if you want everyone to let loose. It is as well worth considering stage hire so you can showcase your band or DJ. The right entertainment can really make or break your party, so don’t skimp on this important detail. Additionally, be sure to let your entertainment know what kind of music you want to be played, as well as any specific songs that are important to you and your spouse.
The Venue Matters
When it comes to choosing a venue for your wedding after-party, there are a few things you’ll need to take into consideration. First, you’ll need to decide whether you want the party to be held at the same location as the wedding reception, or if you’d prefer to move to a different location. If you’re planning on moving locations, make sure that it’s close enough that guests won’t mind walking or taking a short car ride. You’ll also need to think about the size of the venue and whether it will be able to accommodate all of your guests comfortably. Finally, be sure to ask about any noise restrictions that may be in place at the venue so that you can make sure your entertainment is appropriate.
Make Sure There are Plenty of Foods and Drinks
Your guests will be hungry after dancing the night away, so make sure to have plenty of food and drink available. If you’re serving alcohol, be sure to have non-alcoholic options as well, and make sure that there’s enough for everyone. You may even want to consider hiring a bartender so that everyone can enjoy their drinks without having to wait in line. Finger food is a great option to consider, and some great foods include mini quiches, chicken skewers, and mini pizzas.
Make A Food Buffet
Set up a buffet with all of your favourite foods. This way, everyone can choose what they want to eat, and you won’t have to worry about making sure that there’s enough of each dish for everyone. Some great food options for a buffet include chicken wings, pizza, nachos, and sandwiches.
Of course, you’ll want your wedding after-party to look just as amazing as your wedding itself. To achieve this, choose a theme for your party and carry it throughout the decor. You can use simple things like streamers and balloons to transform a space into something magical. For a more elegant affair, consider using candles and floral arrangements. And don’t forget the all-important guest book! This is a great way to remember all the special people who came to celebrate your big day.
The Best Floral Arrangement Options
When it comes to your after-party, the goal is to make everything perfect like for the wedding – and that includes the flowers. After all, they’ll be in nearly every photo, so you want them to look their best. But with so many different types of flowers available, how do you choose the right ones? Here are a few tips to help you select the best floral arrangements for your wedding after-party:
- Consider the season. The type of flowers that are in season will play a big role in your decision. If you’re getting married in the spring, for example, tulips and daffodils are great choices. Summer weddings lend themselves well to roses, while fall weddings are beautiful with mums and pumpkins. Winter weddings are stunning with poinsettias and evergreens.
- Choose a colour scheme. Once you know what season you’re getting married in, you can start narrowing down your colour scheme. If you’re not sure what colours go well together, ask your florist for help. They’ll be able to give you some great ideas based on your wedding theme.
- Consider the size of the arrangements. You’ll want to make sure that the arrangements are appropriate for the space where they’ll be displayed. If they’re too small, they’ll get lost in the room – if they’re too large, they’ll be overwhelming.
Consider Your Theme
Your wedding after-party should have a theme that ties in with the rest of your wedding. If you had a beach-themed wedding, for example, you could carry the theme over to your after-party with a luau or Hawaiian-themed party. Or, if you had a black-tie affair, you could go for a more glamorous after-party with champagne and sparkles. Whatever theme you choose, make sure that it is reflected in the decor, food, and drink choices for your party.
- A Hawaii Theme: If you’re planning a Hawaii-themed party, you’ll want to make sure that the space is decorated with tropical flowers and palm trees. You can also hang leis around the room, and play Hawaiian music to set the mood. For food, consider serving up a luau-style buffet with all of your favourite Hawaiian dishes. And don’t forget the Mai Tais!
- A Glamorous Theme: For a glamorous after-party, everything should be over-the-top and fabulous. Think sparkly decor, champagne, and delicious hors d’oeuvres. You can even hire a photo booth so that your guests can take glamour shots of themselves in their best party attire.
- A Rustic Theme: If you want your after-party to have a more rustic feel, consider decorating with mason jars, burlap, and twinkle lights. For food, serve up comfort foods like macaroni and cheese or chicken pot pie. And for drinks, offer a selection of beer, wine, and whiskey.
Send Out Invitations Early
Make sure to send out invitations to your wedding after-party well in advance so that everyone can plan to attend. You’ll want to include all of the important details, such as the date, time, location, and theme of the party. You may even want to include a dress code on the invitation so that guests know what to wear. Be sure to give yourself enough time to design and print the invitations, and don’t forget to mail them out at least six weeks in advance. Additionally, be sure to include an RSVP card so that you can get an accurate headcount for the party.
Making your invitations can save you a lot of money, and it’s not that difficult. You can find plenty of templates online, or you can simply design your own. Just make sure to include all of the important details, such as the date, time, and location of the after-party.
Your After-Party Attire
What you wear to your wedding after-party is just as important as what you wear to the actual wedding. If you had a black-tie affair, for example, you may want to change into a more casual dress or pantsuit for the party. Or, if you had a beach-themed wedding, you could change into a flowy sundress or shorts and a tank top. No matter what you choose to wear, make sure that it is comfortable and that you feel confident in it. Additionally, make sure that your shoes are comfortable enough to dance in. You’ll want to make sure that they’re comfortable enough to dance in, but also stylish enough to match your outfit. If you’re not sure what to wear, consider opting for a pair of nude heels or ballet flats. These shoes go with everything and they won’t kill your feet after a night of dancing.
Budgeting Your After-Party
One of the most important things to consider when planning your wedding after-party is your budget. After all, you don’t want to go into debt just to throw a party. When setting your budget, be sure to consider the cost of food, drink, decor, invitations, and entertainment. You may also want to factor in the cost of renting a venue if you’re not holding the party at your home. Once you have a good idea of how much you can spend, you can start planning the perfect party within your budget. To create a budget, start by estimating the cost of each item on your list. Then, add up all of the estimates to get your total budget. Once you have a number in mind, start looking for ways to save money. For example, you may be able to find cheaper decor options or DIY some of the decorations.
Planning the perfect wedding after-party doesn’t have to be difficult – just use these expert tips to help you out. With a little planning and thought, you can throw an amazing party that your guests will always remember. And, with a budget in mind, you can keep your costs under control so that you don’t go into debt just to celebrate your big day. So, what are you waiting for? Start planning your dream wedding after-party today.