Before the wedding, the bride must prepare her beauty to make her radiant on her big day. A wedding is one of the happiest days in someone’s life, and being the bride, it’s not only you who should be prepared. Your family and friends must be prepared too. Also, your bridesmaid should know what steps they must follow before the wedding. Timely preparations will get them in the best shape and increase their confidence too.
Here are some tips that every bride must do before her big day:
Table of Contents
Start Preparations Early
Do not wait until 2 or 3 weeks before the wedding to start preparing. You should know that if you want to look stunning and fresh, it will take several months to get everything ready. So start your preparations at least six months before the wedding because this is like a practice session for you. Also, do some research on what type of dress and style would match your face shape.
As we already know, every girl wants to be unique, so you must avoid wearing almost similar makeup as someone else in the bridal party. For example, if one of your bridesmaids wears red lipstick, don’t go for the same colour. It would give an awful impression about both of you. The wedding is an extraordinary moment for the both of you so do everything to look beautiful and perfect.
Drink Lots of Water Before the Big Day
Be sure to drink lots of water before your wedding day. It will help you cleanse the toxins in your body and make your skin look fresh. If you are uncertain about your drinking water source, get a water filter. When shopping for one, choose Berkey water filter, which is recommended for providing the best quality at affordable prices.
Don’t forget to moisturize your body daily before going to bed, arid parts such as elbows, knees, or feet. Make sure you are not using soap. Soap could damage your skin by stripping all its natural oils that are important for helping it stay healthy.
Create enough time to sleep every night to allow for sufficient rest. If you do not get enough sleep, you may look tired on your big day, which is not the best picture for any bride.
Avoid Getting Stressed
Please keep away from stress as much as possible. If you are stressed, your face may show how nervous or anxious you feel inside before walking down the aisle. Also, stressed ladies have a lot of facial wrinkles, which gives them a sour look on their big day. You do not want to show up with a wrinkled face on your day.
Also, no one wants to see a bride with a pimple or face full of acne on her wedding day. It will make your groom feel terrible and have low confidence. So, apply sunscreen if you plan to watch the sun for an extended period or get tan before your wedding day.
Some brides choose to buy expensive foundations. There are hundreds of options available in markets, so spend lots of money on makeup. Put much of your effort into achieving a natural look that will fit any makeup.
For ladies with oily skin, avoid using waterproof mascara and eyeliner to prevent blackheads that are difficult to clean.
Use Teeth Whitening Products To Improve Your Smile
Work on your smile by using teeth whitening products available in markets. These products would make your teeth look whiter and shinier during the ceremony. Brides with pearly white teeth always look beautiful walking down the aisle, even in a simple wedding gown.
Work on Your Skin
Glowing skin is another thing you should consider. Use a face scrub or facial mask 2-3 times a week to remove dead cells from your face. It will make it soft and healthy. It’s also one of the most critical factors on how to do wedding makeup right. If you don’t have enough time to work on your skin, apply sunscreen before going out. Then, put on a concealer or foundation to cover any blemishes. Finally, use powder or pressed powder to finish your look.
Watch Your Diet
You must eat healthy foods containing a high level of vitamin B and C. These can be oranges, celery, green leafy vegetables, or tomatoes. They will help you get beautiful skin for your big day by making it firm and glowing. Don’t drink coffee, soda, or alcohol 1-2 weeks before because they contain caffeine. These drinks may make you feel nervous or weak when walking down the aisle wearing a gorgeous gown while holding a bouquet. You want to be in perfect condition, looking confident on this day.
Selecting Your Outfit
Be sure to choose your outfit wisely. Selecting a company is essential if you want to look fabulous walking down the aisle. So, pick one great dress with hundreds of options available in stores or online. The dress shouldn’t only be affordable but stylish and modern. Then, try it out to make sure you feel comfortable with your clothing and shoes too.
Pick a Unique Hairstyle
After choosing your outfit, it’s time to select the hairstyle based on the shape of your face or type of hair. Many options are available for wedding hairstyles like a classic bun, ponytail low, high, or half-up, which would suit everyone’s personality. Also, do not forget to choose a makeup colour that suits your outfit. It is because matching two items is difficult, especially when there are countless colours in markets.
Bridesmaids should follow this step because they have an essential role during your ceremony. They are supposed to make you look gorgeous by reflecting your outfit and makeup. So, after fixing their outfit, they must do the makeup to support your beauty look. They should also know the proper techniques for applying makeup if they don’t budget for a professional.
Every bride is unique, and there are tons of tips on the Internet on how to prepare before a wedding. Regardless, don’t forget to choose the best outfit based on your style and personality.
Steps on How To Do a Proper Wedding Makeup
- Now that we have mentioned several beauty tips for brides before their big day, let us move on with simple steps on how to do wedding makeup properly.
- For ladies having dry skin, apply moisturizer first then put foundation before adding blush on cheekbones. It would make your face look fresh and healthy.
- Use eyeliner to make eyes look bigger then put some mascara to finish off your eye makeup with black or dark brown shades. Keep this in mind if you want to achieve a sexy look that will keep your partner smiling.
- Don’t forget to use waterproof mascara if you think you may sweat a lot during the ceremony. If you don’t, you may have mascara running down your cheeks and ruin the magical moment.
- For ladies with fine hair, adding volume will give them a more natural look rather than flat-out straight strands. Also, adding hairspray can help by giving your hair that extra volume when styling it naturally after combing the strands.
- Don’t forget to put blush on your cheeks before finishing up with lipstick. The idea is to make your face brighter and healthier. It will help a lot if you are having trouble finding time for workouts to get your fit in a short period.
- The last step would be to put on perfume right before walking down the aisle. If you do this, you will be leaving a good scent behind that leaves a great impression among guests. Also, they may remember the big day every time they smell that fragrance.
Your Nails Should Be Perfect
Make sure you have nice nails painted with red or deep pink colour. Be sure to do it 1-2 days before the ceremony because these types of polish would chip off very quickly. If this happens, the polish could look dull during or after the wedding. Also, if you want a unique look, wearing white nail polish is what we would recommend as it looks classy.
Beautifying nails will not only look good but healthier. In addition, it can help you keep your hands perfect as it will prevent the occurrence of chipped nails.
Plan For a Rehearsal
After you have everything figured out, you must practice the entire day, from how you dress to walking. You might have the best outfit and make-up, but you will get nervous if you are not comfortable in them. Frequent rehearsals will ensure you get used to the company. Also, you will get to work on how you will walk and your body language. Your bridesmaid should participate too, as they are a significant part of that special day too.
As we finalize, you now have a few ideas on how you can prepare for your wedding day. If you plan early, it will allow you enough time to get everything perfect. Following these simple tips will get you looking gorgeous for your partner, friends, and family. Remember to smile a lot, and a confident smile is a beautiful smile.
Extra Tips and Advice to Enhance Your Beauty Routine Before Your Wedding Day
- Schedule a hair trial: Just like a makeup trial, it’s essential to have a hair trial with your hairstylist. Experiment with different hairstyles that complement your dress and personal style. Bring inspiration pictures and be open to their suggestions to find the perfect bridal hairstyle that suits you.
- Take care of your lips: Soft and smooth lips are a must for your wedding day. Exfoliate your lips regularly using a gentle lip scrub or a soft toothbrush to remove any dead skin. Apply a hydrating lip balm daily to keep them moisturized. Consider using a long-lasting lip stain or liquid lipstick for a vibrant and kiss-proof pout.
- Get your brows professionally shaped: eyebrow waxing done properly frame your face and enhance your overall appearance. Visit a professional eyebrow specialist who can shape your brows according to your facial structure and preferences. Start this process a few months before your wedding to allow time for regrowth and touch-ups.
- Incorporate facial massages: Facial massages improve blood circulation, reduce puffiness, and promote a healthy glow. Learn facial massage techniques or book a professional facial massage to stimulate lymphatic drainage and improve the appearance of your skin. This relaxing practice can also help alleviate any pre-wedding stress.
- Whiten your teeth: A bright smile can make a significant impact on your overall look. Consider professional teeth whitening treatments to achieve a radiant smile for your wedding day. If you prefer a more natural approach, try whitening toothpaste or at-home whitening kits to gradually brighten your teeth.
- Prioritize stress management: Planning a wedding can be overwhelming, but it’s important to prioritize stress management for your overall well-being and beauty. Find stress-relief techniques that work for you, such as practicing yoga, meditating, journaling, or engaging in hobbies that help you relax. This will reflect positively on your skin and overall appearance.
- Experiment with skincare supplements: Research skincare supplements that target specific concerns such as collagen production, skin hydration, or overall skin health. Consult with a healthcare professional before incorporating any new supplements into your routine to ensure they are suitable for you.
- Protect your hair from heat: If you plan to use heat styling tools for your wedding day hairstyle, it’s crucial to protect your hair from damage. Apply a heat protectant spray or serum before using curling irons or straighteners. Additionally, avoid excessive heat styling leading up to the wedding day to maintain the health and vitality of your hair.
- Practice good sleep hygiene: Quality sleep is essential for healthy-looking skin and overall well-being. Establish a consistent sleep schedule and create a soothing bedtime routine to ensure you get enough restful sleep. Use blackout curtains, earplugs, or white noise machines to create a sleep-friendly environment.
- Stay hydrated throughout the day: Drinking plenty of water is crucial not only for your skin but for your overall health as well. Keep a water bottle handy and sip water throughout the day to stay hydrated. Consider infusing your water with fruits or herbs for added flavor and nutritional benefits.
Summary: Beauty Tips For Soon-to-Be Bride Before Her Wedding Day
- Start Early:
- Begin your beauty regimen well in advance to achieve desired results. Start at least three to six months before your wedding day.
- Skincare Routine:
- Establish a consistent skincare routine to ensure healthy and glowing skin. Cleanse, moisturize, and exfoliate regularly. Don’t forget to use sunscreen daily.
- Professional Skin Treatments:
- Consider professional treatments like facials, chemical peels, or microdermabrasion to address specific skin concerns and enhance your complexion.
- Hair Care:
- Invest in regular hair treatments and trim your hair regularly to keep it healthy and free of split ends. Discuss hairstyle options with your hairstylist.
- Nail Care:
- Prioritize nail care with regular manicures and pedicures. Decide on the nail color and style that will complement your overall bridal look.
- Healthy Diet and Hydration:
- Maintain a balanced diet and stay hydrated for healthy skin, hair, and nails. Incorporate fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and drink plenty of water.
- Exercise and Stress Relief:
- Engage in regular exercise to boost your overall well-being and reduce stress. Consider activities like yoga or meditation to stay calm and relaxed.
- Makeup Trials:
- Schedule makeup trials with a professional makeup artist to experiment with different looks and finalize your bridal makeup style.
- Bridal Hair and Makeup:
- Book a professional hair and makeup artist for your wedding day to ensure a flawless and long-lasting bridal look.
- Rest and Relaxation:
- Get enough sleep and take breaks to rest and rejuvenate. Proper rest will help you look refreshed and energized on your special day.
Beauty Tips For Bride – Frequently Asked Questions
Is a bride’s facial necessary?
In the months leading up to your wedding, you should receive a couple of bridal facials. Because you should not wear makeup for 24-48 hours following treatment, your last facial should be done 1-2 days before your first wedding function.
What is a bride’s body polishing?
Body polishing is a skin treatment that involves the use of natural materials to cleanse and moisturize your skin. It’s the most effective approach to exfoliating and making your skin sparkle on your wedding day.
How long should I wax before the wedding?
Do not attempt it for the first time the day before your wedding. That’s because, after the first time, the region is certain to become bloated and sensitive. If your skin is sensitive, you may have rashes. Get it done three months before the wedding if you can afford it, and you can get extra sessions later.