The Basics of Wedding Favors – The What, Why, How, and When of Perfection
Wedding favours are tokens of appreciation that you provide your guests. These express your appreciation for their attendance of your most special day, especially when they got all dressed up and coiffed, bought you thoughtful wedding gifts, and shared your happiness.
Of course, these tokens also express the hope that your magnificent wedding will be remembered by your guests. Besides, it is good to have something to have and to hold, literally, from your wedding day. When your silver wedding anniversary approaches, you might even want to replicate your first wedding favors for nostalgic purposes!
How Do You Go About Them and How Much Do You Need to Spend?
There are many online shops and brick-and-mortar stores you can source for your wedding favors. The basic guidelines for these are usually:
* Pick favors that match your wedding colors. You can take a swatch of fabric to the manufacturers of your favors to be sure about the hues you want.
* Double-duty favors are better. You can put nametags on your favors for each guest – place these on their table assignments or have the receptionist give them upon their entrance to the reception venue with their table assignments.
* Provide one favor for each couple and one favor for singles. This way, you save on the cost of the favors and you ensure that every one has something to bring home from your wedding.
Depending on your budget and preference, you can spend as little as C$1 to C$20 per guest. You can opt for do-it-yourself favors or store-bought favors depending on your priorities. However, there some tips you can keep in mind:
* Buy in bulk to save on cost
* Edible favors and goodie bags save time and energy from packing them up
Regardless of how much your wedding favors cost, you should package them with care and thoughtfulness.
When Do You Give Them?
Your favors can be provided to your wedding guests in a variety of ways:
* Place your favors in the tables preferably at each guest’s table napkin.
* Set up a table for your favors, place a card that says “Please take one and take me home” or simply “Thank you”, and have one person man the table to make sure every guest gets one.
* Instruct the waiters to hand out the favors between courses.
* Instruct the doorman, the coat attendant, or your bridal party to provide each guest with a favor when they leave the reception.
Of course, you can always hand out the favors as a couple but that is time-consuming and could possibly take you away from other activities. Just be sure you are up to the task.
Ultimately, your attention to details in small things like your wedding favours can make your wedding memorable for you and your guests. Take the time to achieve near perfection and you will be rewarded with a glitch-free wedding from start to end.
For the best online bridal shop for your wedding needs like discount wedding invitations and affordable wedding favors, visit BestforBride now and get only the best for your wedding day!