- The complete month-by-month wedding planning timeline
- The comprehensive guide to understanding body types and how it relates to wedding dress selection
- Demystifying wedding dress silhouettes—All you wanted to know about different wedding dress styles
- The definitive guide to bridesmaid dress shopping
- Best Wedding Hairstylists in Toronto and GTA 2020
- Best Wedding Photographers in Toronto and GTA 2020
- Best for Bride on Rogers Daytime Toronto – Vintage Wedding Dresses
- Be Selective With Your Wedding Dress
- How To Find The Best Bridal Look For Your Zodiac Sign
Expensive Jewellery Is Not For Me!
Ah, the joys of planning a wedding! So many things to think about: the venue, the guests, the date, the cake and, of course, the bride. In fact, she gets a whole list of worries all to herself. Who is going to be her bridesmaid? What dress will she wear? How will she style her hair? But, I’ll be honest; I’ve never considered the choice of jewellery as another bridal worry.
I’ll admit I’m not the most traditional person out there. In fact, the idea of a white wedding makes me come over all sweaty and a little bit nauseous. So the question of how much I would spend on bridal jewellery is a simple one – not a lot. Don’t get me wrong, I love jewellery but I would much prefer to wear something that perhaps belongs to my mother or grandmother than go out and spend an extortionate amount on a new piece for the day. Sentimental value far outweighs actual value, as far as I’m concerned.
It just seems like yet another excuse to spend money and, bearing in mind today’s climate of easy debt and high interest payments, spending a lot of money on something that is not entirely necessary just seems a bit stupid. I would rather spend a little on the dress, shoes, hair etc for the big day and have a lot more to put towards a wonderful honeymoon. For me, it’s all about priorities and, unfortunately, bridal jewellery is not one of them!