- The complete month-by-month wedding planning timeline
- The comprehensive guide to understanding body types and how it relates to wedding dress selection
- Demystifying wedding dress silhouettes—All you wanted to know about different wedding dress styles
- The definitive guide to bridesmaid dress shopping
- Best Wedding Hairstylists in Toronto and GTA 2020
- Best Wedding Photographers in Toronto and GTA 2020
- Best for Bride on Rogers Daytime Toronto – Vintage Wedding Dresses
- Be Selective With Your Wedding Dress
- How To Find The Best Bridal Look For Your Zodiac Sign
How to take Your Measurements for Your Wedding Dress.
How do you take measurements for your wedding dress?
If you are buying your wedding dress online you need to take your measurements accurately. You don’t need to be a dress maker to measure yourself but you will need a friend to help. Follow these few easy steps and you will have professional standard measurements in no time.
There are many different size charts available but it’s best to ignore them when ordering your wedding dress online. Watch our FREE video How to take Your Wedding Dress Measurements for full step by step video instructions and fill out your Personal Measurement Chart before taking your measurements and ordering your wedding dress.
Don’t worry about the numbers. The worst thing you can do is wear a dress that is too tight. A properly fitting dress is always more flattering than one you squeeze into for the sake of a size label.
- Get a friend to take the measurements for you, it isn’t possible to do it accurately by yourself.
- Don’t pull the tape measure too tight- it should rest lightly on your body.
- Make sure you use inches OR centimetres not a mixture of both.
- Write each measurement down as you take it
- Once you have taken your measurements start again and check each one.
TO START MEASUREMENTS
Stand up straight with equal weight on both feet and arms resting easily at sides. Look straight ahead of you.
If you haven’t got your wedding lingerie yet wear a bra and panties that are similar to the style you will wear. Your bust should be measured at the fullest part while you stand straight with your arms at your sides.
Tie a string lightly around your waist it will naturally settle at your waistline. Measure your waist where the string sits.
Measure 8-10″ below the waist to find the fullest hip. Measure the fullest part of the hip, keeping the tape measure parallel to the floor.
Dress length is taken from the knob at the back of the neck to the bottom of the hem. Back length is from the knob at the back of your neck to the string around your waist. Skirt lengths without waistbands are taken from natural waist at the centre back to the bottom of the hem. Skirt lengths with waistbands are taken from the centre back, starting at the bottom of the waistband to the bottom of the hem.
Wanda Arnold’s website http://weddingsdresses.tv will help you find your dream wedding dress and buy it online. Helpful tips and information for choosing fabrics and styles. Explanations of different wedding dresses to help you choose your perfect wedding gown. Site reviews and links to online Wedding Dress Stores.