There are a few advantages to planning your wedding with flowers that are available locally and are in season. Firstly, these will be budget-friendly choices. Secondly, since there is no shipping involved, you do not have to worry about not receiving the flowers or your bouquet ending up looking different from your idea. The third and final factor is that you make an environment-friendly choice when you opt for locally available and seasonal flowers, as the exotic varieties are usually grown in greenhouses.
If you are planning a summer wedding, here are a list of summer flowers and also few tips to help you choose from them.
Tips to choose the right flowers for summer
In summer, the temperatures are high. This means your flowers will wilt quickly. This is an important factor to consider if you have an outdoor wedding planned, as nothing ruins the ambiance of a wedding like wilted and tired looking blooms.
When you choose your flowers for your wedding, pay attention to the following:
- Choose flowers that are locally available. These will be accustomed to the weather conditions and will stay fresh longer. Also, they can be cut just on time, and so will remain fresh longer.
- When choosing flowers, look for those with a waxy texture. These flowers do not wilt easily.
- Keep the flowers and bouquets out of the sun. If your ceremony is outdoors, make sure that the floral centerpieces and any other floral décor in the shade.
- Handle the flowers with care. This is something you should follow all-year round, but flowers are more prone to getting crumpled and looking tired when the weather is hot and the moisture is low.
- Keep a spray bottle at hand and spray your wedding bouquet every now and then, so it remains fresh throughout the day.
- For centerpieces, consider potted plants or place cut flowers in water, so they look fresh throughout the function.
Flowers that are suitable for summer
There are two types of flowers that are best suited for your summer wedding: those that are available all-year round and those that bloom in summer. The benefits of choosing such varieties of flowers are that these flowers are used to the warm weather and so make the best choices.
Depending on your wedding venue, you may like to talk to your florist and find out which of these can be locally sourced and make your choice accordingly.
- Garden roses: These are our summer favorites and are available in many colors including orange, rose and white.
- Chamomile daisies: Cheery summer flowers that make spectacular fillers, you can use these anywhere.
- Sunflowers: For a wedding palette that has yellow, sunflowers are the perfect choice that add big bright pops of tropical cheer.
- Dahlias: Less is more when you go with dahlias. They add texture and quickly add bulk to a wedding bouquet without compromising on beauty.
For more floral inspiration and to look at some spectacular wedding bouquet designs, visit us at Best for Bride.