- The complete month-by-month wedding planning timeline
- The comprehensive guide to understanding body types and how it relates to wedding dress selection
- Demystifying wedding dress silhouettes—All you wanted to know about different wedding dress styles
- The definitive guide to bridesmaid dress shopping
- Best Wedding Hairstylists in Toronto and GTA 2020
- Best Wedding Photographers in Toronto and GTA 2020
- Best for Bride on Rogers Daytime Toronto – Vintage Wedding Dresses
- Be Selective With Your Wedding Dress
- How To Find The Best Bridal Look For Your Zodiac Sign
Paying for the Wedding – What to Expect
A wedding can be very expensive and there are many different areas to consider when planning a budget. The costs can be overwhelming when it comes to one or two people paying for the majority of the wedding fees, and for that reason certain traditions have been set up in regards to who is expected to pay for certain portions of the wedding.
Below, you will more about these traditions so that you will understand what is expected of each of the members of your family and wedding party. Knowing this information may help you to select certain members of your wedding party and will help everyone who is involved with the wedding determine the costs that are related to their specific responsibility.
This is one of the lasting memories that comes with a marriage. While it is standard for the groom to purchase both the engagement ring and the wedding ring at once, the bride is typically expected to purchase the wedding ring for her husband later.
It is also typical for the wedding party to receive small gifts when they become a member of a family member or friend’s wedding. Usually, the groom purchases gifts for the bride’s attendants and the bride purchases gifts for the groom’s. The bride and groom also normally purchase a gift for each other as well.
The Bride’s Family
Most of the expenses that are related to a wedding are paid by the bride’s family. Below is a list of some of the main items that are typically paid for by the family of the bride:
- Attire for the Bride and the bride’s family
- Flowers and decorations
- Fee for the ceremony venue and reception
- Food and Beverages
- Limo Rentals
The Groom’s Family
In order to make the cost of a wedding more affordable for everyone involved, the groom’s family usually takes care of quite a few important elements as well. Here are some of the items that can be expected of the family of the groom.
- Tuxedos for the groom and his family
- Flowers for the bridal bouquet
- Boutonnieres for the grooms attendants and family
- Corsages for the mothers
- Rehearsal dinner
The Bride and Groom
There are also some items that are specifically taken care of by the bride and groom. For example, the groom usually handles all of the honeymoon arrangements. Many make the decision to make this a surprise for their bride.
The bride, on the other hand, usually pays for the accommodations for her attendants if the wedding requires hotel rooms. However, the attendants are expected to cover the costs for their travel arrangements and attire on their own.
The costs of a wedding can be very expensive, but with everyone working together, it is more manageable to arrange a suitable wedding for the happy couple. When planning a wedding, it is best to sit down with everyone involved and set up a budget before anything is chosen. This way, no one will receive any surprises when they are expected to pay for a certain portion of the wedding.
Best for Bride
Best for Bride can help keep your budget in place by offering you a wide range of wedding supplies that fit any budget. You will easily be able to find everything you need for your wedding in one of their four convenient locations.