- The complete month-by-month wedding planning timeline
- The comprehensive guide to understanding body types and how it relates to wedding dress selection
- Demystifying wedding dress silhouettes—All you wanted to know about different wedding dress styles
- The definitive guide to bridesmaid dress shopping
- Best Wedding Hairstylists in Toronto and GTA 2020
- Best Wedding Photographers in Toronto and GTA 2020
- Best for Bride on Rogers Daytime Toronto – Vintage Wedding Dresses
- Be Selective With Your Wedding Dress
- How To Find The Best Bridal Look For Your Zodiac Sign
What to look for when choosing your wedding shoes
Choosing the perfect shoes to go with your wedding dress can be a challenge. We have gathered some tips that will make you look amazing and will surely help your feet last throughout that special day!
1. Choose the right size
Getting the right shoe size is essential for your comfort – especially on occasions, when you’re expected to stand up or walk for long periods of time. Your best option is to try several sizes and make sure you’ve chosen the right one. Round and open-toed wedding shoes are the most comfortable pairs out there – stick with them to avoid getting sore toes.
Bear in mind that if you’re planning a summer wedding, you might need a slightly bigger size, as your feet will naturally swell a little.
2. Wear them before the occasion
You’ve chosen the perfect pair of shoes and you feel comfortable in them – great! But as you know, new shoes can cause soreness or even hurt your fees in the beginning. That’s why is important to put on and wear your new shoes a few weeks before the big day. In this way, if you experience any type of discomfort, you’ll have enough time to make the necessary adjustments or stretch the shoes.
3. Stay away from high heels
Sure, 7-inch shoes might look great in the shop, but don’t get a pair for your wedding, unless you’re used to wearing them on a daily basis. Remember: you’ll spend most of the day walking, standing or dancing, so you need the most comfortable shoes you can possibly find. According to experts, the best heel size is 3 inch (7.5 cm) – it is still very elegant, yet comfortable and looks equally good on taller or petite women.
4. Decorated shoes
They might look amazing but if your wedding dress is below your ankles or with floor-length, better stick with more simple models. Crystal encrusted or beaded shoes might damage your dress; however, if they are your dream shoes, you might want to run a piece of fabric, similar to that of your dress, over the shoe. If the fabric stays intact – great but this tip can save you a lot of troubles and embarrassment.
5. Take the shoes to the fitting
Your dressmaker will need to know the exact height of your shoes in order to match the dress length to them. Wear your shoes to the fitting to avoid any last minute panic. Also, buy your shoes in advance or check how long it will take for them to get delivered.
If you’re still struggling with planning the perfect wedding or choosing the right dress – check http://www.bestforbride.com/ for this and more great tips!