- The complete month-by-month wedding planning timeline
- The comprehensive guide to understanding body types and how it relates to wedding dress selection
- Demystifying wedding dress silhouettes—All you wanted to know about different wedding dress styles
- The definitive guide to bridesmaid dress shopping
- Best Wedding Hairstylists in Toronto and GTA 2020
- Best Wedding Photographers in Toronto and GTA 2020
- Best for Bride on Rogers Daytime Toronto – Vintage Wedding Dresses
- Be Selective With Your Wedding Dress
- How To Find The Best Bridal Look For Your Zodiac Sign
Greek Goddess inspired wedding fashion
Greek Goddesses have forever been the epitome of elegance and sophistication. Eons after being portrayed in sculpture and art, they continue to inspire designers and dress makers.
The main characteristics that personify the Grecian goddess style of dressing include
- dreamy, ethereal gowns that cascade down in beautiful ripples
- light, breathable fabric that is soft and breezy
- unique design elements like the single shoulder drape that can transform any woman into a model of beauty
- Romantic designs with elusive elements that add an endearing charm to simplistic fashion
The best part about Goddess inspired gowns is that they are versatile, and can serve as the perfect wedding dress for any type of wedding. Be it summer, winter, fall or spring, these are fabulous choices that help a bride transform into a heavenly beauty. Whether you choose to have a vintage style wedding or a beach soiree, there are Grecian dresses that look just the part.
Let us now take a look at some of our favorite Goddess inspired gowns from our leading designer collections.
Alfred Angelo 2516 Modern Fit bridal gown
This dreamy wedding gown from the Alfred Angelo bridal collection brings together many Grecian outfit features in perfect harmony. The pleated criss-cross bodice ends in a scoop neckline with a delicate cutout at the chest. A scintillating waistband structures the flowing pleats and defines the waist perfectly. The flowing chiffon is delicate and dreamy, and you will be surprised to learn that this is in fact not a wedding gown, but a jumpsuit. Isn’t it the perfect choice for a beach wedding?
Alfred Angelo 2515 draped sweetheart wedding gown
This classic design is Grecian inspired in more than one way. The draped bodice is gathered at the shoulders with slender straps and it elegantly crosses over the bust to end in an embellished waistline. The soft skirt effortlessly glides into layers that end in a splendid chapel length train. Elegant and feminine, it is an amazing dress that is just perfect for your Goddess inspired wedding day look.
Alfred Angelo 2510 single shoulder satin gown
Although a slight deviation from the typical flowing fabric gowns, this one-shouldered satin gown is definitely characterized by the most unique Goddess element—the single shoulder strap. Created in luxurious satin, the neckline is accentuated with a double pleat detail, and at the natural waistline is a crystal belt.
It is not too difficult to complete your Greek Goddess look with the right accessories, makeup and hairstyle. But, to nail the effect, you have to pay close attention to your hairstyle. Easy pinups, finger waves and messy beach hair are all chic and stylish, and these dresses also look great with floral accessories. To check out some of the classic, yet contemporary hairstyles for your big day, take a look at this article on the Fashion Style Mag.
So, did you find a dress in this list, that captured your fancy? We have these and many more contemporary Grecian gowns in our bridal collection at Best for Bride. So, visit us today and make your pick.