- The complete month-by-month wedding planning timeline
- The comprehensive guide to understanding body types and how it relates to wedding dress selection
- Demystifying wedding dress silhouettes—All you wanted to know about different wedding dress styles
- The definitive guide to bridesmaid dress shopping
- Best Wedding Hairstylists in Toronto and GTA 2020
- Best Wedding Photographers in Toronto and GTA 2020
- Best for Bride on Rogers Daytime Toronto – Vintage Wedding Dresses
- Be Selective With Your Wedding Dress
- How To Find The Best Bridal Look For Your Zodiac Sign
How to Choose a Plus Size Wedding Dresses
Plus Size Wedding Dresses can be just as beautiful as any other wedding dress.
Are you dreading the whole “dress shopping” experience because you think you won’t find the type of dress you are dreaming of in your size? We shouldn’t have to feel like we don’t deserve our dream dress just because we are big. We want the same as every other bride wants on her wedding day, to feel beautiful, to feel like a princess, and we all have the right to feel that way on our wedding day, regardless of our size. Read on for help in finding your dream wedding gown.
Just because you’re not super slim doesn’t mean you can’t have the perfect wedding dress.
Very few women have the body of a supermodel. Few of us even are a perfect size. We all have some areas that don’t fit the into the ‘perfect’ ideal. You can still look as wonderful in the same gorgeous gowns as slimmer women.
The secret is: MAKE SURE YOUR WEDDING DRESS FITS!
Forget sizes and measurements, they are just labels. Remember the Duchess of York on her wedding day?
She looked fabulous-
because her dress fitted not because she had lost a heap of weight.
If you choose the right wedding dress and silhouette you can look fabulous no matter what size you are.
Perhaps a strapless gown to show off creamy shoulders, or if you are curvy a Mermaid style wedding dress.
Draw the eye to your most striking features.
* Low necklines and bare shoulders if you have a good bust, (an added bonus being that it will make your face appear longer and slimmer).
* Wearing your hair up will show off a smooth neck.
* If you have a lovely complexion focus on your face and choose a simpler gown maybe with an empire waist, as it’s the most flattering to a woman’s silhouette.
Empire line wedding dresses are a good choice for most women as the style elongates the body, drawing attention to the bust-line and making you look slimmer and taller.
Pay attention to the type of fabric you use. A stiff fabric in some styles may not flatter you but in a simple fitted style can be very slimming.
Regardless of the dress style you choose for your wedding dress, the following tips in mind will help ensure you have the most beautiful shape possible:
Buy a dress that fits.
* This ensures the dress will fall correctly and won’t pull and crease, and accentuate the “not-so-perfect” areas. See our How to take Your Wedding Dress Measurements article for a fool proof way to take your vital statistics correctly.
* Wear appropriate lingerie. Who wants a panty line in the wedding photos!
* Make sure your bra is the correct size. Free fitting is available at many department stores.
* Long line bras and Body Shapers help trim your silhouette.
* Less is sometimes more. Don’t overdo the lace and ruffles.
*A simple shape is the best for a streamlined silhouette. A line, Empire style and Column style all have a slimming effect.
* A full Ball gown style will emphasise a small waist and hide broad hips – this style will also balance out a small bust if you emphasise the bodice with brocade or lace.
*Be aware of the horizontal design features. Where the waist line sits, the hem length, does a short sleeve finish at the bust line? Never have a horizontal feature at your widest part… for instance
* Do not have a dropped waistline if you have broad hips,
* Don’t have the hemline at the widest part of your calf -go shorter or longer for a slimming effect.
*Colour is also very important. Dark colours can be more slimming than pastels or bright colours, but is just as important to wear a colour that suits you. It may be worth having a personal colour chart done for even if you never use it again.
Wanda Arnold’s website www.weddingsdresses.tvwill help you find your dream wedding dress and buy it online. Our video will show you How to Take Your Measurements in a few easy steps. Explanations of different figure types to help you choose your perfect bridal gown. You can read site reviews and link to online Bridal Stores.