- The complete month-by-month wedding planning timeline
- The comprehensive guide to understanding body types and how it relates to wedding dress selection
- Demystifying wedding dress silhouettes—All you wanted to know about different wedding dress styles
- The definitive guide to bridesmaid dress shopping
- Best Wedding Hairstylists in Toronto and GTA 2020
- Best Wedding Photographers in Toronto and GTA 2020
- Best for Bride on Rogers Daytime Toronto – Vintage Wedding Dresses
- Be Selective With Your Wedding Dress
- How To Find The Best Bridal Look For Your Zodiac Sign
Modest Wedding Gowns
Modest Wedding Gowns
Fortunately, for the brides who prefer modest wedding gowns there are many selections online. In fact, you can sometimes find a long sleeve modest wedding gown for under $300, which is a real plus for the bride on a strict budget. Whether the same selections are available at your local bridal shop is questionable since bridal shops only carry the wedding gowns that will sell, and that often means more expensive, designer brands. They may offer less selection of modest wedding dresses, too.
Modest Wedding Gowns for the Plus Size Bride
Another important feature of online shopping is the availability of modest wedding gowns for the bride-to-be who is on the larger size. Being heavier does not mean she should not and cannot look beautiful on her wedding day. If she chooses her wedding gown carefully, she can look just as beautiful as she imagines she could look—the key is not being thin but wearing a gown that accentuates your good points. For example, if you have an overly ample chest you want to wear a gown with a higher neckline. Even a slender bride may need to wear a modest gown if she has features that are not perfect or needs to cover tattoos for her wedding day.
Wedding gowns that are modest may have higher necklines, long sleeves and cover up your shoulders. Most are at least floor length. You may need them to be less revealing because of the religious ceremony or perhaps because you prefer them. You will look amazing, even if you choose a modest look.
You Can Still Look Sexy in Modest Wedding Gowns
Contrary to popular belief, you can still look sexy even though you are wearing a modest wedding gown. There is no need to show all of your assets in order to make yourself look beautiful on your special day—your smile and the way you walk will make you shine and thus allow everyone to see how beautiful you really are. In addition, many modest wedding gowns that have a design to accentuate and enhance the bride’s best features and hide those are imperfect.