Looking for Wedding Dresses in Whitby
Frequently Asked Questions - Whitby Wedding Dresses and Bridesmaids
1. Where can I shop for cheap wedding dresses in Whitby?You can find original designer wedding dresses in Whitby at unbelievably low prices at Best for Bride. Our clearance section features sample dresses from previous seasons at highly discounted prices. These dresses are out of their original packaging but are of excellent quality. They are marked down by up to 80%.
2. What is the best material for an outdoor wedding dress in Whitby?We recommend Whitby bridal dresses made from light, breathable fabric for weddings held at outdoor venues. Some of the best fabrics are tulle, chiffon, georgette, lace and organza. Stiff and structured fabrics like silk and taffeta will weigh you down and stifle your movement.
3. Where can I buy simple elegant wedding dresses in Whitby?You can find all types of bridal gowns in Whitby at stores like Best for Bride. Since we specialize in more than one designer collection, you will have a stunning variety of dresses to choose from. Simply discuss your specific needs with our bridal team. Based on your inputs, we will direct you to the best choices that meet your expectations.
4. What is the best time of year to buy a wedding dress for my wedding in Whitby?We highly recommend that you shop for your bridal dress at least nine months before your wedding. This will give you enough time to explore your options, order a dress you like and get it in time for the wedding. However, if you are on a tight budget, you may also like to plan your shopping during sample sales. This will allow you to find beautiful designer dresses at unbelievably low prices.
5. Should you have two wedding dresses in Whitby?This depends on your personal preferences. You may like to buy two dresses if you want different looks for the ceremony and reception. You can also do this if your wedding ceremony gown is too heavy and uncomfortable for the reception. If you have the budget for two dresses and the time to change into another dress, you can be more comfortable. On the other hand, you can also explore the idea of a convertible or two-in-one dress with a detachable skirt. In this case, a single dress will allow you to enjoy two different looks.
Wedding in Whitby
Whitby (2006 population 111 184) is a town located east of Toronto on the north shore of Lake Ontario, and is the seat of Durham Region, Ontario, Canada.
Like much of Durham Region, demographics in Whitby are characterised mainly by rapid population growth. The 2006 census population of the Town is 111,184 inhabitants, compared with the 2001 Statistics Canada total of 87 413. This represents population growth of over 27.2% in five years. The population has more than doubled since 1986, when 45 800 lived in Whitby.
According to the 2001 Census, approximately 11.3% of Whitby's population is classified as visible minority, with Black (3.5%), South Asian (2.9%) and Chinese (1.5%) populations forming the largest individual groups.
Many residents commute to work in other Greater Toronto Area communities, and General Motors Canada in Oshawa is a major employer for all of Durham Region. Whitby is itself home to a steel mill operated by Gerdau Ameristeel, a retail support centre operated by Sobeys, a major Liquor Control Board of Ontario warehouse and the Canadian headquarters of BMW. Other companies present in Whitby include pharmaceutical manufacturer Patheon, Johnson Controls, Lear Corporation, Automodular Assemblies, McGraw-Hill Ryerson and several others.
Ontario Highway 401 runs through the south end of Whitby, with interchanges at Brock Street and Thickson Road. Proposed eastward extensions of Highway 407 will likely see that toll highway extended through Whitby to its planned terminus at the junction of Highways 35 and 115. The southern terminus of Highway 12 is also located in Whitby. It originally extended from Highway 401 northward as part of Brock Street, but this portion was downloaded to Durham Region in 1997. The southern terminus is now located just south of Brooklin at the location of a possible future interchange with Highway 407, should it be extended eastward. Finally, Highway 7 runs east-west between Brooklin and the City of Pickering. At Brooklin, the road changes to a north-south alignment and is multiplexed with Highway 12 to the northern boundary of the Town.
Four railways pass through Whitby. The Toronto-Montreal corridor main lines of the Canadian National Railway and Canadian Pacific Railway both pass east-west through the south end of Whitby. A second CP line running from Toronto to Havelock also passes through the northern part of Whitby. VIA Rail trains travel through Whitby, but the nearest station is in Oshawa. Finally, GO Transit provides frequent weekday service via its Lakeshore East line, which (in Whitby) runs parallel to the CN tracks. A GO Station is located in Town.
Whitby's most famous sporting team are the Whitby Dunlops, a celebrated ice hockey squad that captured the world championship in 1958 at Oslo, Norway. This team featured long-time president of the Boston Bruins, Harry Sinden. The Dunlops were revived in 2004 as part of the Eastern Ontario Senior Hockey League.