Top tips to choose the perfect bridal dress for your Oakville wedding
One of the most important wedding planning tasks for your wedding in Oakville is finding your wedding dress. Your bridal gown is the focal point of your wedding day look, and you should make this all-important choice with careful thought.
Here are some important factors to consider before you begin shopping for your wedding dress at the different dress shops in Oakville.
Do your research on the bridal shops in Oakville
Wedding dress shopping should be a fun-filled, exciting and positive experience for every bride. In addition, for it to be so you should choose the right Oakville bridal store. Therefore, do your research in advance and narrow down your choices to places with good reviews and recommendations. Established wedding dress stores will have not only carry more collections, but also have trained and experienced staff to guide you with your choices. This means you are more likely to enjoy the experience and have more bridal collections to choose your wedding dress from.
Plan your shopping trip on time
Even when the bridal shop is near your home, you should do your shopping several months before your actual wedding day. Once you find a wedding dress you love, your wedding dress shop in Oakville will have to place your order with the manufacturer. Expect to wait for three to six months for the dress to be delivered after this order is placed. Last minute shopping can greatly limit your options and cost you extra for rush delivery.
Fix a budget
Oakville wedding dresses are available in every price range. You can find both expensive, designer gowns as well as budget-friendly dresses. Plan a wedding dress budget to narrow down your choices and avoid looking at dresses that you cannot afford. Decide upon the maximum amount you can spend on your dress before you go shopping and ask your bridal consultant only to show you dresses that fall within this range.
Allocate funds and put aside time for alterations and fittings
You will need alterations and fittings to get your dress to fit exactly. Charges for alterations depend on the type of work to be undertaken. You will have to attend three or four sessions to complete your dress fitting. So, allocate enough time and funds for this task when planning your wedding dress shopping.
Trust your wedding dress consultant
The enormous variety of wedding dress collections can quickly confuse a soon-to-be-bride. Place your faith in your wedding dress consultant, who has the expertise to guide you to the best wedding dress choices in Oakville based on your ideas. Be flexible and try on her suggestions, and you may discover your dream dress sooner than you ever expected to.
Experience the best of wedding dress shopping in Oakville at Best for Bride
Best for Bride promises a unique and memorable wedding dress shopping experience to all brides. Exquisite designer wedding dress collections from internationally reputed wedding dress designers await you at this bridal shop. Find an interesting variety of wedding dresses to suit contemporary, classic, Boho, destination or any other wedding theme.
The superior choice amongst Oakville bridal stores, Best for Bride features modern and updated designer wedding dress collections. Also find an amazing clearance and discount dress section to choose from, if you are shopping on a budget.
Best for Bride brings brides an excellent variety of wedding dress accessories including veils, tiaras, headpieces, jewelry and shoes to match any wedding dress design. Complete your wedding day look from head to toe with your favorite choice of stunning wedding dress accessories from this impressive collection.
Also, find other bridal services like wedding gown alterations, preservations and dry cleaning at our store. Whether it is before the wedding or afterwards, Best for Bride bridal store has a complete list of solutions to help you with every aspect of your wedding dress selection, accessorizing, storage and preservation.
Dress collections at Best for Bride are not limited to wedding dresses. Find outfits for every member of your bridal party, including your bridesmaids, maid of honor, flower girl and even Mother of the Bride from our bridal party collections. Excellent deals and amazing offers await you here, and your bridal party is sure to have a great day shopping at Best for Bride.
A dedicated team of talented and professional bridal consultants is at your service, when you come to shop at Best for Bride. With years of experience in the wedding fashion industry and excellent knowledge of all our dress collections, our team will enthusiastically assist you with your shopping needs. They will render their expert advice, direct you towards the best choices for your budget, taste and personal preferences, and ensure you find your dream wedding dress with minimum effort.
Also, look no further for dresses for special occasions like the rehearsal dinner or engagement party. Dip into our evening dress collection and dresses for special occasions to find perfect choices for every big and small celebration in your life. Best for Bride also has an updated and trendy collection of prom dresses to suit every girl’s idea and preferences.
As the all-in-one bridal shopping store, we also bring you a range of wedding day services. Find the perfect cakes, flowers, photographer, favors and invitations for your special day from our list of bridal services. Come one step closer to having the wedding you always dreamed of, when you work with Best for Bride.
So, take the right step forward and book your appointment at Best for Bride, Ontario today. Discover this wedding dress store near you, and join the hundreds of satisfied and happy brides who have realized their wedding dreams with the help of the
Frequently Asked Questions - Oakville Wedding Dresses and Bridesmaids
1. How do you prepare for a bridal appointment in Oakville?Start by planning your Oakville wedding dress budget. This will help you to restrict your selection to bridal dresses that you can afford. Secondly, find a reputed bridal store in Oakville with good reviews and book your appointment. Then decide who should accompany you. Restrict your entourage to two or three people who can positively contribute to your shopping decision. Also, do some research on wedding gowns and note down the features you want in your wedding gown.
2. How to identify which dress style best suits your body shape in Oakville?The trick is to find a dress silhouette that will balance out both halves of your body and create an hourglass shape. For instance, if you have broad shoulders, choose a dress with a full skirt to balance both halves. If you have wide hips, a dress with a textured bodice and defined waistline will work. Also, make sure that the dress draws attention to your best assets while distracting from the less desirable aspects.
3. How customizable are Oakville wedding dresses?Typical changes include raising the hemline, adding a bustle and adding or removing sleeves or straps. However, a talented seamstress can make elaborate changes to the original design. You can change the neckline, move the hemline down or add embellishments. These custom changes take longer than usual. So, check with your alteration service provider to find out how long and how expensive it will be.
4. What is the typical time between placing an order and receiving the dress in Oakville?Most Oakville wedding gown manufacturers require at least three to six months delivering the dress. Although you may be able to get the dress delivered earlier, it can cost extra.
5. Is there an option in Oakville to do last-minute fittings if I lose or gain pounds just before the wedding?Most brides will need alterations. Therefore, wedding dresses manufacturers make provisions to add or reduce inches from a dress. You should be able to have your bridal dress altered if you gain or lose a few pounds before the wedding. Taking in a dress is always easier than adding extra inches. Therefore, you should not have to worry unless you drop or gain several dress sizes after placing your order.
Top sights in OakvilleBronte Creek Provincial Park - Bronte Creek Provincial Park is located in Oakville, Ontario, Canada, and is part of the Ontario Parks system. The 6.4-square-kilometre park is located at the western edge of Oakville, bordering on Burlington. The park features hiking and biking trails, cross country skiing, and a play barn.
Lions Valley Park - Hiking, fishing & picnicking are popular activities in this park with hilly trails, a creek & lawn.
Oakville Galleries - Oakville Galleries is a forum for engaging people with the questions that shape us as individuals, communities and cultures.
Coronation Park - Family-friendly spot that offers playground equipment, a splash pad & volleyball nets near the lake.
Gairloch Gardens - Flower beds & a rose garden, plus a pond with a fountain in a park with views from a lakeside path.
Oakville Museum - This historical lakefront estate-turned-museum offers tours, exhibitions & local history programs.
Wedding in Oakville
Oakville (2006 population 165,613) is a town on Lake Ontario in southern Ontario, Canada, midway between Toronto (about 31 km or 19 mi away) on its eastern border and Hamilton (about 20 km or 12 mi away) from its western border. Oakville is part of the Greater Toronto Area metropolitan community.
In 1793, Dundas Street was surveyed for a military road. In 1805, the Legislative Assembly of Upper Canada bought the lands between Etobicoke and Hamilton from the Mississaugas, except for the land at the mouths of Twelve Mile Creek (Bronte Creek), Sixteen Mile Creek, and along the Credit River. In 1807, British immigrants settled the area surrounding Dundas Street as well as on the shore of Lake Ontario.
In 1820, the Crown bought the area surrounding the waterways. The area around the creeks, 960 acres (approximately 4 km²), was auctioned off to William Chisholm in 1827. He left the development of the area to his son, Robert Kerr Chisholm and his brother-in-law, Thomas Merrick.
At the municipal level, the governing body is the Oakville Town Council consisting of a mayor (currently Rob Burton) and twelve councillors. The town is divided into six wards, with two councillors elected to represent each ward.
Within each ward, the Town Councillor represents the ward solely on Oakville Town Council. The Town/Regional Councillor is a member of the 21-member governing council of the Regional Municipality of Halton, in addition to being a member of the 13-member Town Council.
Areas we Serve
Durham Region |
London Ontario |
Maple | Markham | Milton | Mississauga | Newmarket | Niagara Falls | North York | Pickering | Richmond Hill | Scarborough |
St. Catharines | Kitchener | Toronto | Toronto Wedding Dresses | Oakville | Orangeville | Oshawa | Ottawa | Vaughn | Waterloo On | Wellington |
Kingston, Ontario | King City, Ontario | Whitby | Windsor | Woodbridge