Simplified gown shopping for your Barrie wedding dresses and bridesmaids
Barrie brides have it easy with several wedding dress shops in the vicinity. You can conveniently find all that you need for your wedding at Barrie bridal shops, and assemble a beautiful bridal outfit in no time at all.
Nevertheless, wedding dress shopping is always easier and productive when you plan well in advance for it. So, let us look at some of the practical aspects of how to prepare effectively for your wedding dress shopping in Barrie.
Steps to preparing finding the perfect wedding dress in Barrie
Time your visit properly
Soon-to-be brides may not know that it takes months for a wedding dress to be delivered after you place an order. So, start your shopping well ahead of time and you can avoid spending extra on a rush delivery. We suggest shopping at least six to nine months before the wedding. This will allow you enough time to receive your dress and complete your dress fitting before your wedding day.
Book your appointment at the right Barrie dress shop
It is always a good idea to visit Barrie wedding dress shops by prior appointment. Bridal stores like Best for bride have convenient and hassle-free online appointment booking systems. Use this to choose an appointment as per your convenience. Weekday appointments are usually the best, since boutiques will be less crowded and the staff can dedicate their time and efforts to helping you shop.
Choose your entourage wisely
When you go shopping for wedding dresses, limit your entourage to no more than two or three people. More people will lead to more opinions and thus more confusion. So, the smaller your party the better. Make sure that the people who go shopping with you share your vision and will contribute positively to the shopping experience.
Gather all the information you can find
Barrie bridal stores like Best for Bride have experienced bridal consultants who will help you find the right wedding dress. The more information and inputs you provide regarding your dress preference, the better they can assist you. So, prepare yourself in advance for your visit. Take along pictures of dresses that you like, to demonstrate what you are looking for. Also, be open to suggestions and advice since bridal consultants usually know which dresses are most likely to flatter different body types.
Be clear about your dress budget
Bridal stores in Barrie stock a variety of dress collections with differing prices. Unless you know exactly what you can afford on a wedding dress, you may end up looking at gowns above your budget. It can be very disappointing if you like a dress that you cannot buy. So, discuss your dress budget with your bridal consultant, so she can direct you to suitable dresses.
Advantages of shopping at Best for Bride, Barrie
Best for Bride is the perfect wedding dress boutique for modern brides, providing everything you need for your special day under a single roof.
We feature leading designer wedding dress collections that are constantly updated to keep up with the latest trends in wedding fashion. Additionally, we also have an impressive collection of wedding day accessories like bridal veils, hair accessories, jewelry, shoes, stoles, scarves and more to complete your bridal ensemble.
Wedding dresses at Best for Bride, Barrie come in a spectacular range of styles. You will easily find dress styles suitable for modern tastes as well as elegant, classic dresses that are perfect for traditional-style weddings.
Shopping at Best for Bride is an amazing experience, as our expert team of consultants will ensure you are treated like royalty. With their significant expertise in wedding dress fashion, the team is adept at understanding the expectations of each bride and easily directs her to suitable wedding dresses.
Best for bride also has a discount section with brand-new dresses from previous collections. Thrifty brides can find beautiful dresses in this collection. With prices slashed to unbelievably low amounts, you can find excellent deals.
Best for Bride also features the best bridesmaid dresses in Barrie. Collections include dresses from leading designers in every size, style and fabric. Whether it is a classic wedding theme or a contemporary styled wedding, you can find the perfect selection for the lovely ladies in your group from our Best for Bride collection.
There are also mother of the bride dresses in our collection, so your mom can find the right dress to wear to her daughter's wedding day. Our formal dress collection offers ample choice for events leading up to the wedding, like the rehearsal dinner and engagement party. You can also explore this collection of party dresses in Barrie to find choice picks for any celebration.
Best for Bride is one of the best prom dress shops in Barrie, with a variety of trendy, modern and chic dresses for this special event in a young girl's life. With alteration services available, find the perfect fitting dress at Best for Bride to step up your style a notch.
Apart from wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, mother of the bride dresses, evening dresses and party wear, we also have a range of wedding services. This includes wedding cakes, florist services, photography, décor, wedding favors, invitations and wedding gown and preservation services. Whether it is before the wedding or after it, we have you fully covered.
So, book your appointment today to plan the perfect wedding day and find all that you need for it at Best for Bride, Barrie.
Frequently Asked Questions - Barrie Wedding Dresses and Bridesmaids
1. Where can I find the best bridal gowns in Barrie?Wedding dresses in all price ranges and from trendy modern designer collections are available at Best for Bride, Barrie. We feature popular bridal designer collections like Mori Lee, Alfred Sung, Jasmine and Sophia Tolli. You can also find low-budget designer wedding dresses in our sales and clearance collections.
2. Where can I find wedding dresses on sale in Barrie?Most bridal dresses in Barrie are custom made for orders. Hence, wedding dress sales are usually only for shop floor samples. Sample sales are held at Best for Bride when new collections arrive. To make space for these new dresses, we sell off existing samples at reduced prices. To find out when our next sale is scheduled, check our website and social media updates or get in touch with our team. You can also find dresses at discount prices throughout the year in our clearance aisle.
3. When are bridal dresses marked down?Most Barrie bridal stores have limited inventory space. So, they conduct sales on existing samples when new collections arrive. During this time, the prices of dresses from previous seasons are significantly reduced. This is to sell the dresses quickly and make space for new collections.
4. What should the bride do before wedding shopping in Barrie?You should plan your wedding gown budget before you go shopping for your wedding dress in Barrie. Always fix your shopping appointment at stores that carry dresses in your preferred price range. It is also a good idea to narrow down your preferences before you go shopping. This will help you avoid confusion. Finally, you should also decide who will go shopping with you and inform them in advance.
5. Can my fiancé see my bridal gown?Traditionally, it is considered bad luck for the groom to see the wedding dress before the wedding day. However, many modern brides aren't bothered by this belief and involve their fiancés in their wedding dress decision. So, it is a personal choice. If you think your fiancé can contribute to your wedding dress decision, so be it.
6. What does a bride wear to a courthouse wedding?A courthouse wedding is more casual than a traditional wedding. So, most brides prefer simple wedding dress silhouettes or get creative with their outfit choices for these weddings. Sheath wedding dresses, skirt suits, short dresses and even jumpsuits are popular at city hall weddings. Having said so, it is your special day and it is up to you to dress in what you like. If you prefer an elaborate style like a ball gown and matching accessories, go ahead with it.
7. How early do I buy my bridal gown for a destination wedding?Bridal gown orders can take anywhere between three to six months to be ready. You will need another month after the delivery to get your dress altered. Keep these factors in mind when shopping for your destination wedding. Shopping at least six to nine months before the wedding should give you enough time to receive the dress and complete alterations before your travel date. If you will be shipping the dress to the venue, you may like to add more buffer time to make sure everything progresses as per plan.
8. How do I find out if Barrie bridal store is reputable?Shopping for your dream dress will be productive and pleasant when you choose the right bridal store. Once you make a list of shops to visit, check around for reviews before fixing appointments. Check with your friends and family to find out how their experience was, if they visited it before. You can also look for online reviews to see what other customers have to say. Reviews on third-party sites like Google are usually trustworthy and you can base your decision on them.
9. Are alterations included in the price of a wedding gown?No, alterations are not included in wedding gown prices. When you choose a dress, your consultant will follow the designer's sizing chart and order it in a size that is closest to your measurements. To have it fit you perfectly, you will need further alterations after it arrives. The cost of alterations will depend on the work and time involved. Our standard pricing chart will help you get a better idea of the charges you will incur.
10. What does a bridal consultant in Barrie do during a bridal dress appointment?A bridal consultant will assist you during your appointment at our store. She will discuss your dress preferences, wedding style and budget at the beginning of your session. Based on your inputs, she will bring you suitable dresses to try. She will help you get in and out of dresses. Your consultant will work with you to narrow down your choices and guide you towards the right dress. Once you make your decision, she will measure you to fix which size to order. She will also help you with the dress contract and any questions you may have. If you would like to buy your dress accessories as well, your consultant can help you with this as well.
11. What bridal dress shape is best?Wedding dresses are available in five different silhouettes—ball gown, A-line, fit and flare, sheath and mermaid. Of these different silhouettes, the best one for you would depend on your body type and personal preferences. So, you would have to identify your body type first to find a flattering style. The A-line shape generally looks good on all body types. However, you may be able to find a more flattering silhouette once you know your specific body type.
Wedding in BarrieBarrie is a city of 128,430 residents, the 35th largest municipality in Canada. It is located on Kempenfelt Bay, an arm of Lake Simcoe in Central Ontario, Canada. It is the county seat of Simcoe County.
The city's north and south ends are separated by a deep valley which contains the downtown area along Kempenfelt Bay.
At the north end of Barrie is the Highway 11 and Highway 400 interchange. Many consider this the gateway to northern Ontario resort destinations (referred to as cottage country).
Barrie is also home to the MacLaren Art Centre, an innovative art gallery that supports the visual arts in Simcoe County. It inspired the "Art City" project, which has had many different large sculptures installed around the city. These can be found in parks and along the scenic waterfront.
Barrie's downtown is situated in a bowl-shaped valley, surrounding the western edge of Kempenfelt Bay. Terrain is generally flat near the city's centre. Moving away from the downtown, the terrain becomes more uneven, with more rolling hills -- some quite steep. Over the years, the city has expanded its urban area beyond the confines of the valley onto higher ground surrounding the city.
The city does not have any major rivers within its limits, but does have numerous creeks and streams, all of which empty into Kempenfelt Bay.
There are several manufacturers currently located in Barrie and Canadian Forces Base Borden is nearby. In recent years Barrie has become a bedroom community for people who commute to Toronto, which is approximately 100km south of Barrie, or (more often) to the northern suburbs of Toronto in York Region.
Tourism plays an important role in the local economy. Barrie's waterfront is at the heart of its tourism industry, with events like the Kempenfest Arts and Crafts festival attracting more than 300,000 people. Recreational activities include skiing at nearby Horseshoe Valley, Snow Valley, Mount St.Louis Moonstone, and Blue Mountain as well as boating in Kempenfelt Bay. The city also boasts several beaches including Minet's Point Beach, Johnsons Beach, The Gables, Tyndale Beach, and Centennial Beach. Barrie's waterfront is currently under heavy construction, with the relocation of several roadways to provide more greenspace and parklands along the lakeshore. Being strategically situated between Toronto and Muskoka on Highway 400, Barrie is also considered the gateway to northern Ontario resort destinations (referred to as cottage country).
Barrie has two major school boards that operate inside the city at a public level. The Simcoe County District School Board administers a Public education in Barrie and Simcoe County, while the Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board administers to the Catholic population and serves the Simcoe and Muskoka areas.