Looking for Wedding Dresses in North York
Frequently Asked Questions - North York Wedding Dresses and Bridesmaids
1. What is the starting price of designer wedding gowns in North York?Brand new designer wedding gowns can cost $1000 or more. However, you can find designer wedding gowns in North York for less at sample sales and clearance sales. These collections feature dresses from previous seasons. The dresses are marked down since they are out of the original packaging and must be sold to make space for new collections.
2. What should I bring to wedding dress shopping in North York?You can take pictures of dresses that you like and show them to your bridal consultant. Also, make sure to wear suitable undergarments and shoes of the same height that you plan to wear on your wedding day. This will help you get a better idea of how a wedding dress will look on you.
3. What wedding planning tasks should I complete before going dress shopping in North York?You should know your wedding date and venue before going shopping. This will help to narrow down the search to dresses that are suitable for the venue. You can also limit your search to bridal dresses in North York that will be delivered before your wedding. Finally, you should also identify the features you like in wedding gowns. This will make your selection easier.
4. What are the pros of buying off-the-rack wedding dresses in North York?Custom wedding dress orders take several months. Therefore, if there is not much time left until your wedding, an off-the-rack dress may be a practical solution to find a designer dress. Off-the-rack wedding dresses in North York are usually much cheaper since they are out of their original packaging. However, they may be available in limited sizes and styles.
5. What do I do if I am short on time and have not ordered my wedding dress yet in North York?Wedding dress orders take at least three months until delivery. If you have not chosen your dress yet and there is not much time left until your wedding, you should consider sample dresses. Since these are available immediately, you will only need time for alterations. The other option is to rent your wedding dress from the available choices at bridal stores like Best for Bride. The only issue is that sample dresses and dresses for rent are available in limited sizes. Therefore, you will have fewer choices.
Top sights in North York - Multicultural area with the Ontario Science Centre, Aga Khan Museum & spacious parks & gardens.Ontario Science Centre - The Ontario Science Centre, formally the Centennial Museum of Science and Technology, is a science museum in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, near the Don Valley Parkway about 11 kilometres northeast of downtown on Don Mills Road just south of Eglinton Avenue East in the former city of North York.
Aga Khan Museum - The Aga Khan Museum is a museum of Islamic art, Iranian art and Muslim culture located at 77 Wynford Drive in the North York district of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Toronto Botanical Garden - The Toronto Botanical Garden is located at 777 Lawrence Avenue East at Leslie Street, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Termed "The little garden with big ideas", the TBG is nearly four acres and features 17 themed "city-sized gardens".
Black Creek Pioneer Village - Black Creek Pioneer Village, previously Dalziel Pioneer Park, is an open-air heritage museum in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The village is located in the North York district of Toronto, just west of York University and southeast of the Jane and Steeles intersection.
Edwards Gardens - Edwards Gardens is a botanical garden located on the southwest corner of Leslie Street and Lawrence Avenue East in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is also the site of the Toronto Botanical Garden, a private not-for profit organization previously called the Civic Garden Centre.
Parc Downsview Park - Downsview Park is a large urban park located in the Downsview neighbourhood of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The park's name is officially bilingual due to it being federally owned and managed, and was first home to de Havilland Canada, an aircraft manufacturer, and later was a Canadian Forces base.
Wedding in North YorkNorth York forms the central part of the northern half of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It has a population of around 650,000. The official 2001 census count was 608,288. Until 1998, it was the second-largest of six municipalities that comprised another larger municipal structure called Metropolitan Toronto. The previous year, the provincial Government of Ontario passed legislation to force these municipalities to merge into a single, new amalgamated City of Toronto.
While much of the area still retains a suburban nature, efforts led by former Mayor of North York and Toronto Mel Lastman were made to intensify development in the North York Centre area along Yonge Street between Finch and Sheppard Avenues, coinciding with the path of the Toronto Transit Commission's Yonge-University Spadina subway line.
The central area is gradually ceasing to be suburban, resembling a smaller version of the city's downtown. World-renowned corporations have built their own office towers along Yonge Street in central North York, including the Canadian head offices of Procter & Gamble, Nestladbury Adams, Lindt, Equifax, and Xerox. McDonald's of Canada is also located in North York, although not along this corridor. This particular area is the region in the foreground of this photograph. Many more office and condo towers have sprouted in the area of this photo since it was taken.
Major shopping malls in North York include the Yorkdale Shopping Centre and Fairview Mall. Smaller locations include Centrepoint Mall, Bayview Village, Yorkgate Mall, Jane Finch Mall and Sheppard Centre. It is also home to both campuses of York University and Osgoode Hall Law School.
Major health-care facilities, such as North York General Hospital, Humber River Regional Hospital (Finch Avenue Site previously called York-Finch Hospital) and the massive Sunnybrook Hospital complex which includes a veterans' residence and regional trauma centre are located in North York.
A military base and aircraft manufacturing facility is located at Downsview, although with the end of the Cold War, much of the land is now being transformed into a park.
Areas we Serve
Durham Region |
London Ontario |
Maple | Markham | Milton | Mississauga | Newmarket | Niagara Falls | North York | Pickering | Richmond Hill | Scarborough |
St. Catharines | Kitchener | Toronto | Toronto Wedding Dresses | Oakville | Orangeville | Oshawa | Ottawa | Vaughn | Waterloo On | Wellington |
Kingston, Ontario | King City, Ontario | Whitby | Windsor | Woodbridge