So you’re laying down the plans for your honeymoon. It’s a nice break away from the nitty-gritty of your exhausting wedding preparations. Do not make the mistake of being hasty with this, though. Your honeymoon is the first time you will be spending a lot of time together as a married couple and it should be as close to perfect as possible.
The following honeymoon tips will help you sort out your preparation efforts. They will help you keep your honeymoon stress-free.
Preparing for a honeymoon is not as easy as you think. You need the following honeymoon planning tips to ease the difficulties.
You need the following honeymoon planning tips for a stress-free honeymoon. Your honeymoon is a very special period in your life and is not something you can take for granted.
First and foremost, you must make the planning a combined effort between you and your fiancé. This is the best way to ensure that both of you will enjoy your honeymoon and that no one will have to get all the blame if things don’t turn out too well.
Avoid having the misconception that you have to start your planning by deciding on a destination. The best way to kick-off your efforts is by laying down the details of what it is that you want on your honeymoon. You should sit down and try to answer the following questions:
* How would you want your honeymoon setting to look like? Do you prefer the busy metropolitan or the quaint feel of Europe? Or is it the mysticism of the East that appeals to you? Or are you fantasizing an erotic Safari adventure somewhere in Africa? Or maybe the seclusion of a beach resort is the thing for you. Or is it the luxury of a cruise?
* How much time do you wish to spend on your honeymoon getaway?
* How much of your wedding budget can you afford to allocate for your honeymoon?
* Can you afford the extra effort necessary when going to a country where people do not speak much English?
* Are you planning to do separate activities on your honeymoon? Or would you rather spend every minute together?
* Are you particular with the weather (too much sunshine might give you headaches or too much cold might be unbearable for you)?
You and your fiancé may not always want the same thing. You should learn to compromise and meet halfway. Once you have everything settled, that’s when you decide on your honeymoon destination.
After you have your destination in place, you can attend to details. The following tips should be helpful:
* Plan your itinerary. Make sure you don’t overload it with too many activities. You should give yourselves plenty of opportunities to just enjoy your time in each other’s arms.
* You must also set a budget. Plan ahead on which aspects you wish to splurge on. Make sure you include your accommodations in the list. You cannot be stingy with this, as you are bound to spend a lot of your time in your cabin or room. Invest on a romantic ambiance. Try to make it seem like a paradise, a perfect place for steamy nights.
* Also, always use your maiden name when doing transactions. You won’t have any time left to change details on your passports and other papers after the wedding.
With that said, do not forget to have the time of your life. Not everything will go as planned so make sure you enjoy anyway. This is your honeymoon after all!