Boxing Your Wedding Memories
Bridal Gown Preservation
Toronto, Mississauga, Hamilton and Barrie!
Get Your Wedding Dress Dry Cleaned for only $199!
and BOX your Wedding Gown for only $149!
Your wedding gown is a reminder of the fantastic day on which you got married to the man of your dreams. There will be plenty of memories associated with this special dress - the exciting experience of selecting it, choosing accessories to match it and your magical transformation into a bride as you wore it on your big day. Your wedding dress has served you well, and the associated memories make it a perfect heirloom that you can later pass on to your daughter or a close friend, or even keep for yourself, to look at and cherish in the future.
Preserving your wedding gown memoriesTo keep your precious wedding gown intact for years, it is necessary to have it professionally cleaned and boxed, soon after your wedding. Although your gown may not appear soiled, it will have picked up dirt, body oils and minute stains. These may be invisible to the untrained eye, but can damage the gown over time. A wedding gown that isn't professionally cleaned and preserved is prone to the following damages over time:
Yellowing of fabric
Mildew and Mold
Oxidation that results in brown spots and patches
This is why you need to entrust the job to professionals who are adept at the task.
Look no further! Bring your wedding gown to Best for Bride and have it perfectly cleaned and boxedWhen you bring your gown to us, we perform the following tasks.
Methodical examinationOur wedding dress specialists inspect your gown from top to bottom, recording every detail that needs to be addressed during the cleaning process. We now determine the appropriate method of cleaning, including spot treatments, based on these observations.
Thorough cleaningTo save your bridal dress for later, it will have to be drycleaned to rid it of dirt, stains and oils. The best method of stain removal for each type of stain is chosen to remove it. Metallic embroidery, beading and delicate fabrics are properly cared for during the process. Inspections are carried out at every stage to ensure every detail is addressed thoroughly.
MuseumStyle Heirloom Preservation to box your precious gownOnce expertly cleaned, your pristine wedding gown has to be packaged in a special storage box that tightly seals it against the effects of environmental elements.
Our Museum Style Heirloom Preservation is the ideal choice for this task. Designed to meet the highest professional standards, our special box will allow you to package your wedding dress perfectly. It has the following features.
Unlike traditional wedding dress boxes, our heirloom preservation boxes feature state of the art moisture and oxygen control technology.
The boxes have an inner acid-free tissue layer with pH control, that controls humidity and absorbs acid which could damage your gown. After your dress is packed in the box, the air is sucked out and replaced with an inert gas that blocks oxidation, thus sealing your gown.
There is a little window in the front, which will allow you to view your gown and veil whenever you want to.
The inner box is then placed in a durable long-term Museum style storage chest that ensures your dress is safe.
Choose to preserve your wedding gown with Best for Bride and ensure that your precious gown is boxed meticulously, so it remains unblemished and as good as new, and is ready to be passed on in the years to come.
Frequently Asked Questions - Wedding Dress Preservation and Cleaning
1. How much does wedding gown preservation cost in Toronto?Wedding gown preservation in Toronto charges will depend on where you choose to get it done and the preservation method chosen. We recommend preserving your wedding dress only after having it thoroughly dry cleaned by a professional. This will ensure that the dress is stored in pristine condition and can be used in the future or passed down as an heirloom.
2. Is wedding gown preservation necessary?Wedding dress cleaning is compulsory. However, preservation is optional. When you opt for bridal dress preservation, your dress will first be cleaned. It will then be placed in an airtight box. Hence, it will not undergo any damage and will continue to be as good as new. You may like to preserve your wedding gown if you wish to hand it down as an heirloom, wear it in the future or sell it after several years.
3. How long can you wait before sending your wedding gown for preservation?Time is of the essence when it comes to cleaning and preserving your wedding gown. You should send your dress for dry cleaning as soon as possible after the wedding. Preservation is best carried out right after it is cleaned. This will allow you to store it intact. However, you can also put your dress into storage temporarily and have it preserved later.
4. What does wedding gown preservation mean?Preservation refers to the special cleaning and boxing techniques employed to make sure that your wedding gown is stored perfectly. A wedding gown that is properly preserved will look as good as new. It will be safe from environmental damage. The process involves sealing up the dress in an air-tight box made of special materials and protecting it from any type of damage to retain its original beauty.
5. Is wedding gown dry-cleaning different from wedding gown preservation?Yes, dry cleaning and wedding gown preservation are two different procedures. During dry cleaning, the dress is thoroughly cleaned. Stains, dust and dirt are removed. It is restored to its original condition. Wedding dress preservation refers to the special techniques used to pack and seal your dress, so it can be put away for years without any risk of deterioration or damage.
6. Can you wear wedding gowns after preservation?Yes, the idea of wedding gown preservation is to store it in perfect condition for future use. So, whether you wish to reuse your wedding gown or hand it down to future generations, it will be suitable for wearing.
7. Where can I find a reliable wedding gown preservation service?You must always entrust your bridal gown preservation to an experienced and professional service. Unless this task is handled properly, it can result in irreversible damage to the dress. Ask your bridal dress store for recommendations. Sometimes, they may even have this service. You can also check online for reviews and narrow down your search to a reliable preservation center.
8. Is it necessary to preserve my wedding gown if I wish to sell it later?If you wish to sell your dress, we highly recommend that you have it professionally preserved. While cleaning the gown will get rid of stains and dirt, your dress will still be subjected to dust and environmental damage when stored improperly. So, preserve the dress to keep it as good as new. This will increase your chances of selling it later.